Procurement Manager at RTI in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
RTI is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. RTI International is seeking qualified candidates for a USAID funded 5 year education project aimed at improving early grade reading nationwide in Kenya. The project will establish one office in Nairobi and 4 offices in Counties to implement the project.
The Procurement Manager will manage the project’s overall logistics and procurement for national and regional offices and coordinate logistical arrangements with partner organizations and consultants. S/he will manage procurements of large scale teaching and learning materials, their distribution and oversee all associated budget and expenditure responsibilities – in compliance with USAID rules and regulations. establish and maintain project electronic and paper files, provide support to track accounts payable and receivable, and manage logistics (including purchase of supplies, making photocopies, reservations, etc.) for national and regional travel. S/he will also be responsible for other project procurements including vehicles, IT equipment and other equipment and materials.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of experience in procurement, logistics, supply chain management, or related field;
- Experience working with USAID or other US government-funded projects desirable;
- Must have strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and be detail and deadline-oriented.
- Knowledge of computer software such as Word, Excel, Power Point;
- Ability to communicate and liaise verbally and in writing with partners/ suppliers/visitors and staff, and interpret/respond clearly and effectively to verbal or written instructions
How to apply
RTI invites eligible candidates to indicate their interest in the position no later than March 12, 2013. Applications should consist of a letter (maximum one page) with clearly specified position for which the candidate is applying, detailed curriculum vitae, and 3 professional references, including your professional relationship with that person, the person’s telephone number and, if possible, an email address.
Applications must be submitted via the Internet to the following address: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To learn more about RTI and our work in international development, please visit www.rti.org/idg RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA