Director General at National Industrial Training Authority (NITA) in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
The National Industrial Training Authority (NITA) is a State Corporation established under the Industrial Training Act, Cap 237 of the Laws of Kenya and is headed by a management Board. The mandate of the Authority is to promote the highest standards in the quality and efficiency of industrial training in Kenya and ensure an adequate supply of properly trained manpower at all levels in industry.
In order for the Authority to accomplish its mandate the Board is seeking to recruit a suitable and motivational individual to fill the position of the Director General for the Authority.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Board, the Director General (DG) shall:
- Be the Chief Executive of the Authority, and Secretary to the National Industrial Training Board and its Committees.
- Subject to the directions of the Board, be responsible for the day to day management of the Authority.
- Foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical values and practices, including good corporate governance.
- Provide leadership in the development of long term strategy, business plans, annual budgets, establishing proper internal procedures as well as monitoring and evaluation of systems.
- Ensure effective internal and external communication between the Board, management, staff and the Government.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of the Authority’s documents and reports including budgets, financial statements and proposals among others.
- Establish and maintain collaboration with social partners, training providers, partners and other stakeholders to ensure that the mandate of the Authority is attained.
- Ensure proper management of human resources including proper placement of staff in the organizational structure and effective succession planning.
Academic Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
The ideal candidate should posses the following:
- Holder of a Degree in the field of Engineering, Technology, Administration, Finance, Technical or Industrial Education, from a recognized university,
- Possession of a masters degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage,
- Have at least fifteen (15) years working experience in a related field, five of which shall be in matters relating to industrial training,
- Good understanding of Government policies and regulations in regard to Industrial Training; and
- Be a registered member of a professional body in relevant field, where applicable;
- Must demonstrate sound knowledge and understanding of good Corporate Governance principles;
- Must demonstrate Strategic Planning skills and ability to design short term, medium term and long-term plans;
- Must demonstrate leadership abilities to manage physical, human, financial and other resources;
- Must demonstrate excellent communication and networking skills
- Must be proficient in computer.
Interested applicants should forward their application letters accompanied by copies of their academic and professional certificates, testimonials, an up – to – date curriculum vitae and National Identification Card to the email address (email@example.com) or send by registered mail to the postal address given below or deposit such application to a marked box located on the first floor at the headquarters of the Authority not later than Tuesday 11th September 2012.
All applications should be addressed to;
The Chairman National Industrial Training Board (NITB),
Commercial Street opposite KEMSA, Industrial Area
P.O Box 74494 – 00200
Applicants should give full details of their address including mobile telephone numbers as well as names and addresses of two referees.
An attractive remunerative package will be offered.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Apply to this job