_Physical Planner at Kenya Wildlife Service in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies_
Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) is a State Corporation whose responsibility is to manage and conserve wildlife in Kenya. The Service seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative and experienced individuals to fill the following positions at the Headquarters and Training Institute in Naivasha.
Reporting to the Head Lands Management, the overall responsibility will be to initiate and supervise preparation of Part Development Plans of all KWS-managed properties and other land reserved for wildlife conservation as may be required; to liaise with government departments, county governments and communities during preparation of regional physical plans; and to prepare site plans for all physical developments by KWS.
*Duties and Responsibilities*
* Initiate preparation of Part Development Plans for unplanned lands.
* Follow up of PDP’s and liaison with relevant institutions to ensure approval.
* Liaison with Government Departments, County governments and communities on matters relating to planning.
* Representation of KWS interests during the preparation of regional Plans.
* Site Planning for KWS properties.
* Development of Policy on Physical Planning for KWS facilities.
* Preparation of annual work plans.
* Preparation of timely and accurate reports.
* Provide technical input on planning liaison matters.
* Performing any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
* Bachelor of Arts degree in Urban and Regional Planning or its equivalent from a recognized institution
* Member of Kenya Institute of Planners
* At least five (5) years work experience in urban and regional planning
* IT Skills
* Possession of a Masters degree will be an added advantage
* Possession of valid Certificate of Good Conduct obtained from the CID
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates, copy of ID card, detailed CV indicating work experience, current remuneration and employer, daytime telephone contact – both office and mobile, names, addresses and emails of three (3) referees, to reach the undersigned not later than Thursday 23rd August, 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Wildlife Service
P. O. Box 40241 – 00100