_Head Teacher, Riara Springs Primary School at Riara Group of Schools in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies_
The Riara Group of Schools (RGS) is a leading player in the education sector, having been involved in running schools in Nairobi for over 30 years, ranging from Kindergarten, Primary, Secondary and the recently launched Riara University. The RGS endeavours to be a Centre of Excellence, upholding the highest standards of academic achievement through a holistic approach that provides a rich and varied programme which enables every child to achieve his or her full potential. The RGS is staffed by dedicated and caring teachers all of whom are highly qualified professionals who nurture all children so as to ensure they can be the best they can.
*HEAD TEACHER, RIARA SPRINGS PRIMARY SCHOOL*
At the Riara Springs Primary (RSP) School, situated at Imara Daima off Mombasa Road, the Management would like to recruit a highly qualified professional for the position of a Head Teacher. The RSP is a comprehensive institution that enrolls both boys and girls and has been operational for the past 13 years. It has 9 years of excellent performance at the KCPE examinations. The School has established a reputation of being among the top 10 schools in performance at the K.C.P.E. in Nairobi.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the right candidate must be a gifted team builder and team leader. As the Head Teacher he/she:
* will be expected to lead a team of over 80 qualified and experienced teachers, working with minimal supervision while meeting tight deadlines and targets,
* should be a self driven leader with a proven track record of managing a successful and reputable primary school,
* must have a good understanding of the education sector in Kenya with strong persuasive skills and aggressiveness in achieving results,
* must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work independently and have impressive presentation skills,
* should demonstrate strong leadership and team building skills with the ability to motivate and retain a strong team,
* should display competent experience in the management of academic and non-academic activities of the school program,
* would be expected to liaise closely with other Departments of the RGS.
The ideal candidate should have:
* A B.Ed degree or an undergraduate degree linked to Education from a recognized university plus Postgraduate training in education. A master’s degree will be an added advantage.
* Excellent proficiency in computer application skills,
* Over ten (10) years of work experience as a Head Teacher or Deputy of a recognized academic institution, preferably a Primary School.
If you meet the requirements, send your e-application to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your application at the Head Office – Riara road off Ngong road addressed to the Head of Human Resources by 6th February, 2013.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.