Jesuit Refugee Service is an international Catholic organization, with a mission to accompany, serve and defend the rights of refugees and forcibly displaced people. JRS has a priority to work wherever the needs of displaced people are urgent and unattended by others, and offers a human service to refugees and the communities through a wide range of rehabilitation and relief activities, many of which center around formal and informal education needs.
This is a position for Kenyan nationals and the person will be based in Nairobi. The holder will also be required to travel to the field for project monitoring.
- Responsible for all financial matters in relation to Kenya projects.
- Work with project directors and country director on reports, budgets and budget control.
- Review and analyse monthly accounts of projects with project directors.
- Monitor and control: All transactions before presenting them to regional office for signing. Be the link person between regional finance office and country office.
- Check all projects and country office procurements procedures that they follow JRS Procurement Policy
- Responsible for assets, filing and all book-keeping in the projects.
- Work closely with Urban Emergency Programme Coordinator (IGA & Mikono Shop) on cost control, marketing, stock control and loan portfolio.
- Review projects financial commentary on half year and annual report before they are sent to the regional office.
- Administrative: Ensure documents are supported with receipts, correctly filed and readily available for audit purpose.
- Project monitoring and evaluation: actively accompany the Urban Emergency Programme during their field visits to the programs beneficiaries and Kakuma field visits.
- Internal audit and training of project staff.
- Help Project Directors and Country Director in understanding front End process
- Development of financial grassroots structures e.g. parishes.
- Participate in any other programme activity as agreed with the Country Director.
- Degree in Bachelor of Commerce Accounting/ Finance options
- Qualified CPA (K) or equivalent
- Experience in managing people/teams
- Over 2 Years experience in NGO environment
- Knowledge of computerized financial and accounting system.
- Ability to use computers including MS Office Suite (including Ms Excel) and or accounting programmes.
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and planning skills and monitoring and evaluation skills/experience.
- Patience, perseverance, proactive, self motivated and ability to work in stressful environment
(Applications that have not met these guidelines will not be considered only short listed candidates will be contacted)