Secretary County Public Service Board at Baringo County in Kabarnet – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
SECRETARY COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 provides for the staffing of County Governments. Further the County Government Act No.17 of 2012 Section 57 provides for the establishment of the County Public Service Board
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and abolish offices in the county public service
- Appoint persons to hold or act in office of Public County Offices including in the boards of urban areas within the county and to confirm appointments.
- Exercise displinary control over and remove, persons holding or acting in those offices as provided for under this part.
- Prepare regular reports for submission to the county assembly on the execution of the functions of the board
- Promote in the county public service the values and principles referred to in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010;
- Evaluate and report to the county assembly on the extent to which the values and principles referred to in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 are complied with in the county public service;
- Facilitate the development of coherent, integrated human resource planning and budgeting for personnel emoluments in the county.
- Advise the county government on human resource management and development;
- Advise county government on implementation and monitoring of the national performance management system in the county.
- Make recommendations to the Salaries and Remuneration Commission, on behalf of the county government, on the remuneration, pensions and gratuities for county public service employees.
Requirements and Competencies:
For appointment to this position, the person should:
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Be in possession of a first degree from a University recognized in Kenya.
- Have a working experience of not less than five years.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on leadership and integrity.
- Be a professional who demonstrate absence of breach of the relevant professional code of conduct
- Not be a Public or State Officer
- Understand the diversity within the County
- Be a Certified Public Secretary of good professional standing.
- Be visionary and a strategic thinker.
- Have capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Be committed to be part of a team that will enable the County Government achieve her vision.
NB Masters degree will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Each application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport and other relevant supporting documents. All applications should be clearly market “Application for position of County Executive Committee” or “Application for position of Chairman County Public Service Board “or ” Application for position of secretary County Public Service Board” (as the case may be) on the envelope and submitted in any one of the following ways:
1.Posted applications should be addressed to:
The Interim County Secretary,
P.O .Box 53 – 30400
2.Manual application should be delivered to the reception desk at ground floor, of the Office of the Governor Baringo County, located in Kabarnet town
3.On line applications should be emailed to: email@example.com
The application should reach the Interim County Secretary on or before Monday 8th April 2013.
NOTE: – Only shortlisted and successful candidates shall be contacted.
Interested applicants are expected to get clearance from:
- Criminal Investigation Department (certificate) of good conduct.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
Applicants MUST submit copies of these clearance certificates with the application. Remuneration will be commensurate will those published by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Baringo County is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and persons with disabilities to apply.